Information regarding the Novel Coronavirus (As of July 7, 2020)
- To all students (June 5, 2020)
- Message from the President -About Correspondence of University and Future-(In Japanese) [PDF, 192KB]
- About overseas travel of students, faculty and staff
- For students, faculty, and staff returning from or entering overseas
- For foreign students staying in abroad
- Infection prevention measures and health management
- Consultation desk about Novel new Coronavirus infectious disease
- About participation in various events
- About conduct of class
- 】About implementation of extracurricular activities
- 【Update】About moving restriction inside Japan
- About correspondence when infected person occurs in Toyama or campus
- Regarding new information about Novel Coronavirus
- Guidelines for Novel Coronavirus Infectious Disease Control Measures at the University of Toyama [PDF, 107KB] (In Japanese)
- [Important] Regarding the implementation of classes in the previous term (June 9) (In Japanese)
- Support for students whose Household budget have suddenly changed due to the effects of the novel coronavirus infection (In Japanese)
- To All International Students Studying in Japan <List of Programs Available to International Students> (Updated May 21)
（Linked to Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology）
The spread of novel coronavirus infections has a major impact on your student life. We have summarized the points to be aware of in order to maintain mental health under the circumstances of social confusion, so please refer to it.
- "Mental health" about novel coronavirus infectious disease [PDF, 366KB] (In Japanese)
Message from President of The Japan Association of National Universities
- April 20, 2020 Request for Further Efforts to Reduce the Spread of the Novel Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) [PDF, 37KB]
- April 3, 2020 Response to the Novel Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) (Request) [PDF, 45KB]
About overseas travel of students, faculty and staff
With the spread of the novel coronavirus around the world, According to measures such as closing borders and prohibiting going out, Japanese travelers are affected sudden flight reduction or suspension (including not only destinations
but also transit points) and restricting the behavior. In light of such circumstances, the University will in principle prohibit the overseas travel of students and faculty (including private travel) for the time being.
For students and faculty and staff currently staying abroad, Please report the situation as each faculty will confirm the following contents.
- Keep up to date with the latest information from the websites of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare and local Japanese embassies, etc., Pay close attention to your activities and surroundings, and keep close contact with the university, family members, etc. while travelling. In addition, considering the situation in the area where you are staying, proceed with necessary procedures such as considering early return to Japan while contacting the university.
- Register with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs' Travel Registration Service (Tabireji) .
- To reduce the risk of infection, take measures such as washing hands with soap, use alcohol-based disinfectant, and wear a mask.
For students, faculty, and staff entering or returning from overseas
All returnees and entrants from overseas will be requested to stay at home for a period of 14 days from the date of enter and should monitor your health carefully. The university will regularly contact you to check your health condition while staying at home every day, but if there are any changes to your health condition, immediately contact your faculty by email or telephone.
For foreign students staying in abroad
Foreign students currently staying (including temporary returning) in abroad (including those planning to enroll in April 2020) will be asked to postpone the time to enter Japan for the time being, please. The university will contact separately to support future learning for such students.
Infection prevention measures and health management
At present, infections are spreading in Japan. Therefore, to prevent infections, take thorough measures against infections (hand washing with running water and soap, hand disinfection with alcohol, cough etiquette with mask, etc.).
In addition, take personal measures such as avoiding crowds, pay attention to your health status on a regular basis. If you have a cold symptom such as fever, refrain from going to school or commuting. In this case, immediately contact your faculty and report your body temperature, health conditions, etc. to your faculty while staying at home every day. If you have any of the following symptoms, immediately call the University Health Management Center and the Returnee and Contact Center (local welfare center/health center) after consultation (*), please consult a medical institution based on the instructions.
- * If you consult the Returnees and Contact Center, be sure to contact the University Health Management Center.
- <Estimated consultation>
- If you have any of the strong symptoms such as experience shortness of breath (dyspnea), extreme discomfort (malaise), and high fever.
- If you are a patient with severe illness (*) and have relatively mild cold symptoms such as fever and cough.
(*)Elderly people, and patient of diabetes, heart failure, respiratory disease (COPD, etc.) , dialysis.
- If anyone other than those above have a relatively mild cold symptom such as fever or cough.
(Please be sure to consult if you have symptoms for more than 4 days. Symptoms vary from person to person, so if you think that the symptoms are strong, consult immediately. Same for those who need to keep taking fever-reducing medication.)
Consultation desk about Novel new Coronavirus infectious disease
- [University Health Management Center]
- Gofuku Campus
- Sugitani Campus
- Takaoka Campus
- * Reception hours: 8:30 to 17:15 (excluding weekends and holidays)
- [Returnees and Contact Consultation Center, General Telephone Consultation Service in the Prefecture]
- Toyama Welfare Center / Branch / Health Center
Contact your local welfare center.
- Reception hours: 8: 30-17: 15 (excluding weekends and holidays)
- ※Medical institutions take emergency calls during the night on a rotational business. Off- duty centers will direct you by a message recording to the appropriate clinic or center.
|Consultation (infectious disease charge)||Phone number (direct)||Jurisdiction|
|Niikawa welfare center||0765-52-2647||Kurobe City, Nyuzen Town, Asahi Town|
|Niikawa Welfare Center Uozu Branch||0765-24-0359||Uozu|
|Chubu welfare center||076-472-0637||Namerikawa City, Funahashi Village, Kamiichi Town, Tateyama Town|
|Takaoka Health and Welfare Center||0766-26-8414||Takaoka|
|Takaoka Health and Welfare Center Imizu Branch||0766-56-2666||Imizu|
|Takaoka Health and Welfare Center Himi Branch||0766-74-1780||Himi|
|Tonami Welfare Center||0763-22-3512||Tonami City, Nanto City|
|Toya Health and Welfare Center Oyabe Branch||0766-67-1070||Oyabe|
|Toyama City Public Health Center||076-428-1152||Toyama|
|Toyama Health and Welfare Department Health Section (*)||076-444-4513|
- [Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare]
- Phone: 0120-565653 (toll-free)
- Reception hours: 9: 00-21: 00 (also available on Saturday, Sunday and public holidays)
About participation in various events
- (1) Participation in various events held by the University
- For the time being, the various events held by the University will be as follows, so please comply the "Guidelines for Novel Coronavirus Infection Disease Control Measures at the University of Toyama" when implementing.
- (June 1st to June 18th)
- It can be managed in anticipation of visits from specific areas, with a scale of 100 people or 50% of the capacity, whichever is smaller, taking appropriate infection prevention measures.
- (June 19th to July 31st)
- It is possible to manage the expected number of visitors from a specific area after taking appropriate infection control measures.
- (From August 1st)
- After reconsidering the infection status, we will notify you again.
- If it is expected to move people nationwide or wide area, and if it is difficult to identify the participants, we will carefully respond including cancellation. If there is an infected person at our university or if there is a regional or national spread of infection, we will reconsider it.
- (2) Participation in various off-campus events
- ①Closed space with poor ventilation, ②Crowded people, ③Short distance conversations and vocalizations take place, If “three conditions overlap at the same time”, it is said a high risk of occurrence due to past domestic circumstances. Also, in younger people who are not at high risk of severe disease due to novel coronavirus infection, there are many cases in which asymptomatic or mild symptoms spread the infection unknowingly. Please pay special attention to behavior.
In terms of (1) and (2) above, from the standpoint of infection prevention, please continue to refrain from holding and participating in social gatherings, etc. with eating and drinking by students and faculty members of the University.
About conduct of class
- [About lecture subjects]
- From Monday, June 1st, interview lessons will be possible after taking sufficient measures against infection. In addition, some lectures are offered in Non-interview lessons depending on the situation.
- [Experiment, Practical training, Practical skill, Exercise subject]
- From May 25th (Monday), we will carry out experiment, practical training, practical skill, exercise subject after taking sufficient infection control measures.
- We will inform you about detailed contents about these, revision of the academic calendar, sales of textbooks, how to attend Non-interview lessons (remote lessons), etc. as follows.
- [Important] Regarding the implementation of classes in the previous term (Jun 9) (In Japanese)
About implementation of extracurricular activities
Regarding the period of prohibition of extracurricular activities, we have notified on May 26, 2020, but except the following prohibited items, we will allow the activities after taking infection prevention measures.
- 1. Permission date for resumption of extracurricular activities and prohibited matters
From Wednesday, July 1, 2020
- When carrying out activities, observe the "Risk measures to prevent the spread of novel coronavirus infectious diseases" established by each organization. In addition, the group representative needs to fully inform the members of the measures.
- 【Prohibited matter】
- Prohibition of meetings with eating and drinking (welcome party for new students, etc.)
- Prohibition of moving to novel coronavirus-infected areas
- Prohibition of activities such as training camps and mountaineering with accommodation
- 2. Facilities for use of extracurricular activities
- For extracurricular activity facilities such as gymnasiums, please use the facilities according to the instructions of each campus.
About moving restriction inside Japan
Regarding to move across in Japan of students and faculty members, for the time being, it is as follows. In addition, if there is an infected person at our university, or if there is a request for domestic movement restrictions due to regional or national spread of infection or a declaration of an emergency situation, if there is a regional or national spread of infection, we will reconsider it.
- (From June 19th)
- There is no limit, but be careful in areas where the number of infected people is increasing.
About correspondence when infected person occurs on campus
We will respond as follows when infections occur on campus in the future. However, depending on the infection status in Toyama Prefecture, the following measures may be implemented flexibly even when there are no infected people in campus.
- If an infected person occurs on campus, the school will be closed temporarily.
- The scope of temporary closure will be determined according to the situation (excluding affiliated hospitals).
- If the school is temporarily closed, the school will be closed for a minimum of two weeks.
- Other measures will be announced on a case by case basis.
Regarding new information about Novel Coronavirus
The situation regarding the novel coronavirus is expected to change in the future. The University updates information updates on the campus bulletin board (Hearn system, etc.) and the university's website. Since the situation is changing rapidly, please be sure to obtain the latest information from the following related information websites, news reports, etc.
[Related Information Homepage]
- Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology New Coronavirus Countermeasures Special Page
- Cabinet Secretariat homepage (about correspondence of new coronavirus infectious disease)
- Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare homepage (about Novel coronavirus infectious disease)
- Prime Minister's Office Homepage (Preparing for a New Coronavirus Infection-Let's Know the Measures that Each Person Can Take-)
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs Overseas Safety Website (PC version, smartphone version)
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs Overseas Safety Website (mobile version)
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs Travel Registration Service (stay period less than 3 months: "Tabi Cash Register", 3 months or more: residence notification)
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs “Tabi Cash Register” registration site (“Simple registration” site)
- Embassy of Japan in China homepage
- National Institute of Infectious Diseases (Coronavirus that infects humans)
- Toyama homepage