Information regarding the Novel Coronavirus
February 12, 2020
For students, faculty, and staff traveling to China
For the time being, unnecessary and nonurgent travel to China (including Hong Kong, and Macau) should be avoided.
If you must travel abroad, please take note of the following.
- 1. Keep up to date with the latest information from the websites of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare and local Japanese embassies, etc., Pay close attention to your activities and surroundings, and keep close contact with the university, family members, etc. while traveling.
- 2. Register with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs' Travel Registration Service (Tabireji).
- 3. To reduce the risk of infection, take measures such as washing hands with soap, use alcohol-based disinfectant, and wear a mask.
- 4. After returning to Japan, notify the university and stay at home for a period of 14 days while monitoring your health.
For students, faculty, and staff returning from China
All returnees from China (including Hong Kong, and Macau) will be requested to stay at home for a period of 14 days from the date of return and should monitor your health carefully. The university will regularly contact you to check your health condition, but if there are any changes to your health condition, immediately contact your faculty, and contact the University Health Management Center, local welfare center/health center consultation desk listed at the bottom. Please make contact with any medical institution before visiting.
Infection prevention measures
At present, people infected with the Novel Coronavirus have been confirmed in Japan. Therefore, to prevent risk, take thorough steps against infection (washing with running water and soap, disinfect hands with alcohol, practice cough etiquette by using a mask, etc.).
Also, take personal measures such as avoiding crowds, and always pay attention to your health.
Regarding new information about Novel Coronavirus
The University updates information updates on the campus bulletin board (Hearn system, etc.) and the university's website. Since the situation is changing rapidly, please be sure to obtain the latest information from the following related information websites, news reports, etc.
- Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT): Responses to the novel coronavirus infection (in Japanese)
- Cabinet Office Government of Japan (information regarding the novel coronavirus infectious disease)
- Website of Japan’s Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare: Information on the novel coronavirus infection (in Japanese)
- Website of the Office of the Prime Minister of Japan: Measures we can take to prevent new coronavirus infections (in Japanese)
- Overseas Travel Safety Information provided by Japan’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs (in Japanese) (PC and smartphone version)
- Overseas Travel Safety Information provided by Japan’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs (in Japanese) (mobile version)
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs Travel Registration Service: stay period less than 3 months: "Tabireji", for 3 months or more: ORRnet (in Japanese)
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs “Tabireji” registration site: “Simple registration” site
- Embassy of Japan in China homepage
- National Institute of Infectious Diseases: Coronavirus that infects humans (in Japanese)
- Toyama Prefecture: About novel coronavirus (in Japanese)
Consultation desk for the Novel Coronavirus infectious disease
- ［Health Management Center］
- Gofuku Campus
- Sugitani Campus
- Takaoka Campus
- ※Reception hours: 8:30 to 17:15 (excluding weekends and holidays)
- ［Toyama Welfare Center / Branch / Health Center］
- Contact your local welfare center.
- Niikawa Welfare Center
- Niikawa Welfare Center Uozu Branch
- Chubu Welfare Center
- Takaoka Welfare Center
- Takaoka Welfare Center Imizu Branch
- Takaoka Welfare Center Himi Branch
- Tonami Health and Welfare Center
- Tonami Health and Welfare Center Oyabe Branch
- Toyama City Public Health Center
- Toyama Prefecture Health and Welfare Department Health Division
- ※Medical institutions take emergency calls during the night on a rotational business. Off-duty centers will direct you by a message recording to the appropriate clinic or center.
- ［Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare］
- Phone: 0120-565653
- Reception hours: 9:00-21:00 (also available on Saturday, Sunday and public holidays)