The University of Toyama has three libraries, the Central Library on Gofuku campus, the Medical & Pharmaceutical Library on Sugitani campus, and the Art & Design Library on Takaoka campus. The Library's mission is to provide comprehensive resources and services in support of the research, teaching, and learning needs of the university community. To fulfill this mission, the library commits to:
- Provide e-journals, online databases, e-books as well as printed materials, and disseminate academic results of University of Toyama via institutional repository, ToRepo.
- Provide books and other materials for students and support information literacy education.
- Provide comfortable and flexible spaces for various learning styles of students.
The Lafcadio Hearn Library
2,069 books in English and French, and 364 books in Japanese and Chinese owned by Lafcadio Hearn and manuscript of Japan: an attempt at interpretation donated to Toyama High School, antecedent of University of Toyama in 1924 by the widow of a successful Kitamaebune ship merchant, Baba Haru through the intermediary of Tanabe Ryuji, one of the pupils of Hearn in Tokyo Imperial University.
The Kawai family's documents recording the rural history of Toide, Takaoka City in the Edo Period, mainly concerning agricultural administration.
The Kikuchi family's documents recording the rural history of Fukuno, Nanto City in the Edo Period, mainly concerning agricultural administration.
The Documents recording the rural administration history of Takanosu, Tonami City in the Edo Period.