Information regarding the Novel Coronavirus
Updated on October 26, 2020
Guidelines for Activities at University of Toyama：Level 1 (Be Careful)
Updated on October 26, 2020
We established Guidelines of activities for education and research at University of Toyama related to novel coronavirus infectious diseases, and provided a guideline for the university members to act appropriately and flexibly according to the situation. Based on the number of infected people in Toyama Prefecture from Sunday, October 18th to Saturday, October 24th, we are continuing the caution category (Be Careful) and level (1). Please continue to take autonomous action refer to this guideline.
To all students
Conduct of class (Updated on October 6, 2020)
In the latter term, all classes will be interviewed in principle after taking measures to prevent infection. In addition, depending on the infection situation in the city, it may be difficult to carry out interview lessons, so we will also prepare for non-interview lessons (remote lessons) using Moodle etc.
Information on precautions for starting interview lessons, course registration, textbook sales, etc. is provided as follows.
Implementation of extracurricular activities (Updated on September 7, 2020)
The activity restriction measures for student extracurricular activities are as follows. Please follow the notes and contact information from the extracurricular activities staff on each campus.
"Can be implemented after infection prevention measures"
Movement restriction in Japan (Updated on October 26, 2020)
For business trips and travels of students and faculty members (excluding hospital staff and medical trainees), after thorough infection prevention measures (temperature measurement, wearing masks, diligent hand washing, avoid the three “Cs”(Closed spaces, Crowded places, Close-contact settings), Allows domestic movement to high caution areas / alert areas.
- When moving to the “high caution area”, never take actions that increase the risk of infection, such as large numbers of people, eating and drinking for a long time, and going in and out of places where basic infection prevention measures are considered insufficient. Also, please observe your own health more carefully for 2 weeks after returning.
- Carefully observe your health for two weeks after returning from the “alert area”.
- Those who come to our university regardless of the place of departure in Japan are requested to thoroughly implement infection prevention measures in accordance with the "Guidelines for Novel Coronavirus Infectious Disease Control Measures at the University of Toyama".
Contact system in the case of fever（Updated on September 23, 2020）
1. If a student has a COVID-19 infection disease
- Please report to your faculty office by phone immediately.
|Schools and Graduate Schools||Phone number|
|School of Humanities・Graduate School of Humanities||076-445-6138|
|School of Human Development・Graduate School of Human Development
Graduate School of Teacher Training Development
|School of Economics・Graduate School of Economics||076-445-6517|
|School of Science・Graduate School of Science and Engineering（Science Division）||076-445-6547|
|School of Medicine・School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences・ Graduate School of Medicine and Pharmaceutical Sciences・Graduate School of Innovative Life Science||076-434-7123|
|School of Engineering・Graduate School of Science and Engineering（Engineering Division）||076-445-6701|
|School of Art and Design・Graduate School of Art and Design||0766-25-9133|
|School of Sustainable Design||076-445-6698|
Main items confirmed by the faculty staff when you reported
- Time of onset ⁄ symptoms
- Infection route (events that seem to have caused the infection.)
- Instructions from the health center or medical institution.
- Behavior history of the past 2 weeks before the sample collection date related to positive confirmation (places you stopped by, contact person, etc.)
2. If you become a close contact person with patient of the COVID-19 disease
- Wait at home until instructed by the health center, and follow the instructions from the health center.
- Please report to your faculty office immediately.
- Basically, you will have to wait at home for 14 days from the day you come into contact with the infected person.Please fill in the contents of the temperature measurement and health observation on the health check sheet, submit it to your faculty and health management center, and consult about the response.
- If there is a notification from the COVID-19 Contact-Confirming Application (COCOA) provided by the Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare, please follow the instructions on the app screen and promptly report this to your faculty office.
3. If a family member living together becomes a close contact person with patient of the COVID-19 disease
- Please report to your faculty office immediately.
- You continue to manage your own health at home, and if your family members who had close contact with patient of the COVID-19 disease appear to be unwell, please consult with the health center about your own measures.
- If you do not become a close contact person, continue to manage your health and, If you are in good physical condition, lead a normal life.
- Contact system flow diagram in the case of fever [PDF, 179KB] (In Japanese)
If you cannot contact your faculty office or health management center outside the reception hours or on Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays, please contact us by e-mail specify the faculty / department / name / contact information.
We ask students and faculty members for the understanding and consideration to refrain from identifying infected persons and their families and promoting discrimination.
"Mental health" related to novel coronavirus infectious disease
- The spread of novel coronavirus infections has a major impact on your student life. We have summarized the points to be aware of in order to maintain mental health under the circumstances of social confusion, so please refer to it.
- "Mental health" related to novel coronavirus infectious disease [PDF, 366KB] (In Japanese)
Updated on September 9, 2020
Various Ceremony and Event
Participation and implementation of various ceremony and events (Updated on September 23, 2020)
For infection prevention, please continue to refrain from holding and participating in social gatherings, etc. involving eating and drinking by students and school members of the University.
(1) Various events held by the University
- For the time being, the various events held by the University will be as follows, so please comply the "Guidelines for Novel Coronavirus Infection Disease Control Measures at the University of Toyama" when implementing.
- (June 19th to November 30th)
- It is possible to manage the expected number of visitors from a specific area after taking appropriate infection control measures.
- (After December 1st)
- After reconsidering the infection status, we will notify you again.
- In addition, if you plan to hold an event that involves nationwide movement of people or an event with more than 1,000 participants until November 30th, fill in the checklist in advance by the organizer, it is necessary to submit
to the Toyama Health Division.
For details, please check the following websites, and if there are applicable efforts, please contact the Section for Risk Management before submitting to Toyama Prefecture.
- About holding events after September 19th (Toyama Prefecture)
- If it is expected to move people nationwide or wide area, and if it is difficult to identify the participants, we will carefully respond including cancellation. If there is an infected person at our university or if there is a regional or national spread of infection, we will reconsider it.
(2) Participation in various off-campus events
- ①Closed space with poor ventilation, ②Crowded people, ③Short distance conversations and vocalizations take place, If “three conditions overlap at the same time”, it is said a high risk of occurrence due to past domestic circumstances. Also, in younger people who are not at high risk of severe disease due to novel coronavirus infection, there are many cases in which asymptomatic or mild symptoms spread the infection unknowingly. Please pay special attention to behavior.
Overseas travel and entry from overseas
Overseas travel of students, school and staff (Updated on March 26, 2020)
With the spread of the novel coronavirus around the world, According to measures such as closing borders and prohibiting going out, Japanese travelers are affected sudden flight reduction or suspension (including not only destinations
but also transit points) and restricting the behavior. In light of such circumstances, we decide to in principle prohibit the overseas travel of students and school (including private travel) for the time being.
Each department confirm the situation about the following matters of students and school and staff currently staying abroad.
- Keep up to date with the latest information from the websites of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare and local Japanese embassies, etc., Pay close attention to your activities and surroundings, and keep close contact with the university, family members, etc. while travelling. In addition, considering the situation in the area where you are staying, proceed with necessary procedures such as considering early return to Japan while contacting the university.
- Register with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs' Travel Registration Service (Tabireji) .
- To reduce the risk of infection, take measures such as washing hands with soap, use alcohol-based disinfectant, and wear a mask.
Correspondence to students, school and staff who entering or returning Japan from overseas (Updated on August 5, 2020)
All returnees and entrants from overseas will be requested that they stay in a hotel near the airport for 14 days after entering Japan and should monitor your health carefully. The university will regularly contact you to check your health condition every day after you arrive in Japan, but if there are any changes to your health condition, immediately contact your school by e-mail or telephone.
For International Students staying in abroad (Updated on October 5, 2020)
The procedures for re-entry of re-entry permitters currently leaving Japan was posted on the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan website on July 29, titled "About re-entry of foreign nationals with a status of residence” (partially revised on July 31). We will contact you through the staff of each school, but the latest information will be posted on the following university website, so if you have any questions, please contact the staff of each school immediately.
We will contact international students separately regarding correspondence of study support in future.
Infection prevention and Consultation counter
Infection prevention measures and Health management (Updated on May 19, 2020)
At present, infections are spreading in Japan. Therefore, to prevent infections, take thorough measures against infections (hand washing with running water and soap, hand disinfection with alcohol, cough etiquette with mask, etc.).
In addition, take personal measures such as avoiding crowds, pay attention to your health status on a regular basis. If you have a cold symptom such as fever, refrain from going to school or commuting. In this case, immediately contact your school and report your body temperature, health conditions, etc. to your school while staying at home every day. If you have any of the following symptoms, immediately call the University Health Management Center and the Returnee and Contact Center (local welfare center/health center) after consultation (*), please consult a medical institution based on the instructions.
* If you consult the Returnees and Contact Center, be sure to contact the University Health Management Center.
- If you have any of the strong symptoms such as experience shortness of breath (dyspnea), extreme discomfort (malaise), and high fever.
- If you are a patient with severe illness (*) and have relatively mild cold symptoms such as fever and cough.
(*)Elderly people, and patient of diabetes, heart failure, respiratory disease (COPD, etc.) , dialysis.
- If anyone other than those above have a relatively mild cold symptom such as fever or cough.
(Please be sure to consult if you have symptoms for more than 4 days. Symptoms vary from person to person, so if you think that the symptoms are strong, consult immediately. Same for those who need to keep taking fever-reducing medication.)
Consultation counter about Novel Coronavirus infectious disease (Updated on February 19, 2020)
- [University Health Management Center]
- Gofuku Campus
- Sugitani Campus
- Takaoka Campus
- * Reception hours: 8:30 to 17:15 (excluding weekends and holidays)
- [Returnees and Contact Consultation Center, General Telephone Consultation Service in the Prefecture]
- Toyama Welfare Center / Branch / Health Center
Contact your local welfare center.
- Reception hours: 8: 30-17: 15 (excluding weekends and holidays)
- ※Medical institutions take emergency calls during the night on a rotational business. Off- duty centers will direct you by a message recording to the appropriate clinic or center.
|Consultation (infectious disease charge)||Phone number (direct)||Jurisdiction|
|Niikawa welfare center||0765-52-2647||Kurobe City, Nyuzen Town, Asahi Town|
|Niikawa Welfare Center Uozu Branch||0765-24-0359||Uozu|
|Chubu welfare center||076-472-0637||Namerikawa City, Funahashi Village, Kamiichi Town, Tateyama Town|
|Takaoka Health and Welfare Center||0766-26-8414||Takaoka|
|Takaoka Health and Welfare Center Imizu Branch||0766-56-2666||Imizu|
|Takaoka Health and Welfare Center Himi Branch||0766-74-1780||Himi|
|Tonami Welfare Center||0763-22-3512||Tonami City, Nanto City|
|Toya Health and Welfare Center Oyabe Branch||0766-67-1070||Oyabe|
|Toyama City Public Health Center||076-428-1152||Toyama|
|Toyama Health and Welfare Department Health Section (*)||076-444-4513|
- [Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare]
- Phone: 0120-565653 (toll-free)
- Reception hours: 9: 00-21: 00 (also available on Saturday, Sunday and public holidays)
Correspondence of University in future
Correspondence when infected person occurs on campus (Updated on May 19, 2020)
We will respond as follows when infections occur on campus in the future. However, depending on the infection status in Toyama Prefecture, the following measures may be implemented flexibly even when there are no infected people in campus.
- If an infected person occurs on campus, the school will be closed temporarily.
- The scope of temporary closure will be determined according to the situation (excluding affiliated hospitals).
- If the school is temporarily closed, the school will be closed for a minimum of two weeks.
- Other measures will be announced on a case by case basis.
Information provision in future (Updated on August 24, 2020)
The situation regarding the novel coronavirus is expected to change in the future. The University updates information updates on the campus bulletin board (Hearn system, etc.) and the university's website. Since the situation is changing rapidly, please be sure to obtain the latest information from the following related information websites, news reports, etc.
In addition, the Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare has distributed a COVID-19 Contact-Confirming Application (COCOA), which is expected to prevent the spread of infections due to increase the number of users, please use it actively. See below for more information about COCOA.
- COVID-19 Contact-Confirming Application (COCOA) leaflet [PDF, 959KB]
- COVID-19 Contact-Confirming Application (COCOA) （Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare）
[Related Information Homepage]
- Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology New Coronavirus Countermeasures Special Page
- Cabinet Secretariat homepage (about correspondence of new coronavirus infectious disease)
- Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare homepage (about Novel coronavirus infectious disease)
- Prime Minister's Office Homepage (Preparing for a New Coronavirus Infection-Let's Know the Measures that Each Person Can Take-)
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs Overseas Safety Website (PC version, smartphone version)
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs Overseas Safety Website (mobile version)
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs Travel Registration Service (stay period less than 3 months: "Tabi Cash Register", 3 months or more: residence notification)
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs “Tabi Cash Register” registration site (“Simple registration” site)
- Embassy of Japan in China homepage
- National Institute of Infectious Diseases (Coronavirus that infects humans)
- Toyama homepage
- [Past news]
- About alerting about new type coronavirus on January 24 (the second report)
- About alerting about new coronavirus on January 17 (first report)