Information regarding the Novel Coronavirus
Updated on October 22, 2021
Guidelines for Activities at University of Toyama : Level 1 (be careful)
Updated on October 22, 2021
We established Guidelines of activities for education and research at University of Toyama related to novel coronavirus infectious diseases, and provided a guideline for the university members to act appropriately and flexibly according to the situation.
Comprehensively judge by considering the infection situation in the University of Toyama and Toyama prefecture, we will continue the alert category (be careful) and Level (1) from Monday, October 25 to Sunday, October 31.
Please continue to take autonomous action refer to this guideline.
Guidelines for Activities to prevent the spread of novel coronavirus infection at the University of Toyama [PDF, 485KB]
(In Japanese) [New]
- Promotion of utilization COVID-19 Contact-Confirming Application (COCOA) [PDF, 200KB] (In Japanese)
- Guidelines for Novel Coronavirus Infectious Disease Control Measures at the University of Toyama [PDF, 196KB] (In Japanese)
- Temperature measurement tablet layout [PDF, 1.68MB] (In Japanese)
To all students
Conduct of class (Updated on October 22, 2021)
Implementation of extracurricular activities (Updated on October 8, 2021)
After September 27th (Monday), The information of activity restrictions for students extracurricular activities is below, please follow the precautions and communications from the staff in charge of extracurricular activities at each campus.
Implemented with infection control measures
Movement restriction in Japan (Updated on October 22, 2021)
Regarding business trip and travel restrictions for students and faculty members (excluding hospital staff and medical trainees), we will handle them as follows.
- In principle, business trips and travels to prefectures for which a state of emergency (including those issued individually by prefectures) have been issued are prohibited until the state of emergency is lifted. If you have to move due to business reasons, please obtain permission from the director in advance and observe your own health more carefully for 2 weeks after returning.
- It is possible to move to “High caution areas” (excluding the area where a state of emergency is issued) after thorough infection prevention measures. In addition, please be especially careful when moving to areas where “Priority measures such as spread prevention” are being implemented. Never take actions that increase the risk of infection, such as large numbers of people, eating and drinking for a long time, and going in and out of places where basic infection prevention measures are considered insufficient. Also, please observe your own health more carefully for 2 weeks after returning.
- It is possible to move to “Alert areas” after thorough infection prevention measures. Carefully observe your health for two weeks after returning.
- Those who come to our university regardless of the place of departure in Japan are requested to thoroughly implement infection prevention measures in accordance with the “Guidelines for Novel Coronavirus Infectious Disease Control Measures at the University of Toyama”. However, please refrain from coming from the prefecture where the state of emergency is issued. (The class that part-time instructors coming from the prefectures where the state of emergency has been declared will be treated as remote classes or canceled, and if canceled, they will be supplemented at a later date.)
We will reconsider the above correspondence if there are any affected people at our university or if there is a regional or nationwide spread of infection.
[Thorough infection prevention measures when moving domestically]
Infection prevention measures when moving to “High caution areas” / “Alert areas”
○Temperature measurement ○Wearing masks ○Diligent hand washing ○Avoid the three “Cs” (Closed spaces, Crowded places, Close-contact settings ○Ventilation etc.
Contact system in the case of fever (Updated on December 23, 2020)
1. If a student has a COVID-19 infection disease
Please report to your faculty office by phone immediately.
|Schools and Graduate Schools||Phone number|
|School of Humanities, Graduate School of Humanities||076-445-6138|
|School of Human Development, Graduate School of Human Development
Graduate School of Teacher Training Development
|School of Economics, Graduate School of Economics||076-445-6517|
|School of Science, Graduate School of Science and Engineering (Science Division)||076-445-6547|
|School of Medicine, School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Graduate School of Medicine and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Graduate School of Innovative Life Science||076-434-7123|
|School of Engineering, Graduate School of Science and Engineering (Engineering Division)||076-445-6701|
|School of Art and Design, Graduate School of Art and Design||0766-25-9133|
|School of Sustainable Design||076-445-6698|
Main items confirmed by the faculty staff when you reported
- Time of onset ⁄ symptoms
- Infection route (events that seem to have caused the infection.)
- Instructions from the health center or medical institution.
- Behavior history of the past 2 weeks before the sample collection date related to positive confirmation (places you stopped by, contact person, etc.)
2. If you become a close contact person with patient of the COVID-19 disease
- Wait at home until instructed by the health center, and follow the instructions from the health center.
- Please report to your faculty office immediately.
- Basically, you will have to wait at home for 14 days from the day you come into contact with the infected person.Please fill in the contents of the temperature measurement and health observation on the health check sheet, submit it to your faculty and health management center, and consult about the response.
- If there is a notification from the COVID-19 Contact-Confirming Application (COCOA) provided by the Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare, please follow the instructions on the app screen and promptly report this to your faculty office.
3. If a member living together becomes a close contact person with patient of the COVID-19 disease
- Please report to your faculty office immediately.
- You continue to manage your own health at home, and if your family members who had close contact with patient of the COVID-19 disease appear to be unwell, please consult with the health center about your own measures.
- If you do not become a close contact person, continue to manage your health and, If you are in good physical condition, lead a normal life.
- Contact system flow diagram in the case of fever [PDF, 179KB] (In Japanese)
- Action record sheet [PDF, 74KB] (In Japanese)
If you cannot contact your faculty office or health management center outside the reception hours or on Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays, please contact us by e-mail specify the faculty / department / name / contact information.
We ask students and faculty members for the understanding and consideration to refrain from identifying infected persons and their families and promoting discrimination.
“Mental health” related to novel coronavirus infectious disease
The spread of novel coronavirus infections has a major impact on your student life. We have summarized the points to be aware of in order to maintain mental health under the circumstances of social confusion, so please refer to it.
“Mental health” related to novel coronavirus infectious disease [PDF, 366KB] (In Japanese)
Updated on May 31, 2021
- Financial support for students (In Japanese)
- About support measures that can be used by economically difficult students(In Japanese)[PDF, 295KB] (In Japanese)
Various Ceremony and Event
Participation and implementation of various ceremony and events (Updated on September 3, 2021)
For infection prevention, please continue to refrain from holding and participating in social gatherings, etc. involving eating and drinking by students and school members of the University.
(1) Various events held by the University
For the time being, the various events held by the University will be as follows, so please comply the “Guidelines for Novel Coronavirus Infection Disease Control Measures at the University of Toyama” when implementing.
- It is possible to manage the expected number of visitors from a specific area after taking appropriate infection control measures.
(After November 1st)
After reconsidering the infection status, we will notify you again.
In addition, if you plan to hold an event that involves nationwide movement of people or an event with more than 1,000 participants, fill in the checklist in advance by the organizer, it is necessary to submit to the Toyama Health Division.
For details, please check the following websites, and if there are applicable efforts, please contact the Section for Risk Management before submitting to Toyama Prefecture.
If it is expected to move people nationwide or wide area, and if it is difficult to identify the participants, we will carefully respond including cancellation. If there is an infected person at our university or if there is a regional or national spread of infection, we will reconsider it.
(2) Participation in various off-campus events
①Closed space with poor ventilation, ②Crowded people, ③Short distance conversations and vocalizations take place, If “three conditions overlap at the same time”, it is said a high risk of occurrence due to past domestic circumstances. Also, in younger people who are not at high risk of severe disease due to novel coronavirus infection, there are many cases in which asymptomatic or mild symptoms spread the infection unknowingly. Please pay special attention to behavior.
Overseas travel and entry from overseas
Overseas travel of students, school and staff (Updated on October 11, 2021)
At our university, in principle, overseas travel of students and faculty members (including private travel) to countries and regions with infectious disease risk information “Level 3” or higher will continue to be prohibited for the time being.
We will enable only overseas business trips of students and faculty members about countries and regions whose infectious disease risk information is “Level 2”. However, other overseas travel is prohibited in principle.
When students and faculty members consider overseas business trips, be sure to check the latest information on immigration regulations and quarantine measures in each country, and take all possible measures to prevent infection, keeping in mind that the local infection situation may worsen.
Each department confirm the situation about the following matters of students and school and staff currently staying abroad.
- Keep up to date with the latest information from the websites of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare and local Japanese embassies, etc., Pay close attention to your activities and surroundings, and keep close contact with the university, family members, etc. while travelling. In addition, considering the situation in the area where you are staying, proceed with necessary procedures such as considering early return to Japan while contacting the university.
- Register with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs’ Travel Registration Service (Tabireji) .
- To reduce the risk of infection, take measures such as washing hands with soap, use alcohol-based disinfectant, and wear a mask.
Temporary Leave for international Students [PDF, 478KB]
Student study abroad (Updated on July 2, 2021)
When students of our university study abroad, in principle, please follow the policies of the national government and the “Crisis Management Manual for Study Abroad and Oversea Training (for University of Toyama Students)”.
Correspondence to students, school and staff who entering or returning Japan from overseas (Updated on August 5, 2020)
All returnees and entrants from overseas will be requested that they stay in a hotel near the airport for 14 days after entering Japan and should monitor your health carefully. The university will regularly contact you to check your health condition every day after you arrive in Japan, but if there are any changes to your health condition, immediately contact your school by e-mail or telephone.
About International students who are staying outside Japan (Updated on February 12, 2021)
It is currently difficult to enter Japan due to the border enforcement measures against immigrants to prevent the spread of novel coronavirus.
Information on re-entry are posted on the Ministry of Foreign Affairs website.
University website shown below also provides necessary information. If you have any questions, immediately contact the staff of each faculty or the Study-abroad Support Division.
The situation changes from moment to moment, so please check the websites below frequently.
- Information on the Novel Coronavirus Diseases (COVID-19) (Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan website)
- For International Students
We will contact international students separately regarding correspondence of study support in future.
Infection prevention and Consultation counter
Infection prevention measures and Health management (Updated on May 19, 2020)
At present, infections are spreading in Japan. Therefore, to prevent infections, take thorough measures against infections (hand washing with running water and soap, hand disinfection with alcohol, cough etiquette with mask, etc.).
In addition, take personal measures such as avoiding crowds, pay attention to your health status on a regular basis. If you have a cold symptom such as fever, refrain from going to school or commuting. In this case, immediately contact your school and report your body temperature, health conditions, etc. to your school while staying at home every day. If you have any of the following symptoms, immediately call the University Health Management Center and the Consultation Center (local welfare center / health center) after consultation (※), please consult a medical institution based on the instructions.
If you consult the Consultation Center, be sure to contact the University Health Management Center.
- If you have any of the strong symptoms such as experience shortness of breath (dyspnea), extreme discomfort (malaise), and high fever.
- If you are a patient with severe illness (※) and have relatively mild cold symptoms such as fever and cough.
(※) Elderly people, and patient of diabetes, heart failure, respiratory disease (COPD, etc.) , dialysis.
- If anyone other than those above have a relatively mild cold symptom such as fever or cough.
(Please be sure to consult if you have symptoms for more than 4 days. Symptoms vary from person to person, so if you think that the symptoms are strong, consult immediately. Same for those who need to keep taking fever-reducing medication.)
Consultation counter about Novel Coronavirus infectious disease (Updated on April 2, 2021)
- Gofuku Campus
- Sugitani Campus
- Takaoka Campus
Reception hours: 8:30 to 17:00 (excluding weekends and holidays)
Phone: 076-444-4691（24-hour operation）
※ It can be used by people in all areas of Toyama prefecture. (If you have symptoms such as fever, first contact your family doctor or other local medical institution by phone. If you are uncertain about the medical institution to consult with, please contact the consultation center.)
[Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare]
Phone: 0120-565653 (toll-free)
Reception hours: 9: 00-21: 00 (also available on Saturday, Sunday and public holidays)
Correspondence of University in future
Correspondence when infected person occurs on campus (Updated on September 24, 2021)
We will respond as follows when infections occur on campus in the future. However, depending on the infection status in Toyama Prefecture, the following measures may be implemented flexibly even when there are no infected people in campus.
- If an infected person appears on campus, check the infection route and the infection status, then if it is recognized that the outbreak of clusters will affect the entire university, consulting with the city health center and temporarily The school may be closed.
- The range of temporary closure (campus, grade, etc.) will be determined based on the infection status.
- As a general rule, the period of temporary closure will be two weeks. However, it may be extended based on the situation of newly infected persons and the guidance of the city health center.
Information provision in future (Updated on August 24, 2020)
The situation regarding the novel coronavirus is expected to change in the future. The University updates information updates on the campus bulletin board (Hearn system, etc.) and the university’s website. Since the situation is changing rapidly, please be sure to obtain the latest information from the following related information websites, news reports, etc.
In addition, the Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare has distributed a COVID-19 Contact-Confirming Application (COCOA), which is expected to prevent the spread of infections due to increase the number of users, please use it actively. See below for more information about COCOA.
- COVID-19 Contact-Confirming Application (COCOA) leaflet [PDF, 959KB]
- COVID-19 Contact-Confirming Application (COCOA) （Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare）
[Related Information Homepage]
- Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology New Coronavirus Countermeasures Special Page
- Cabinet Secretariat homepage (about correspondence of new coronavirus infectious disease)
- Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare homepage (about Novel coronavirus infectious disease)
- Prime Minister’s Office Homepage (Preparing for a New Coronavirus Infection-Let’s Know the Measures that Each Person Can Take-)
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs Overseas Safety Website (PC version, smartphone version)
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs Overseas Safety Website (mobile version)
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs Travel Registration Service (stay period less than 3 months: “Tabiregi”, 3 months or more: residence notification)
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs “Tabiregi” registration site (“Simple registration” site)
- Embassy of Japan in China homepage
- National Institute of Infectious Diseases (Coronavirus that infects humans)
- Toyama homepage
Efforts to reduce the number of employees who go to work out
As of October 11
Based on the “University of Toyama Activity Guidelines”, we carry out Level 1. (Regular work duties)
(1) Quantitative efforts
|Scope of employees to be calculated||Target value||Performance (Target period)|
Employees who can work from home
(2) Specific efforts and ingenuity
Conducted based on the “Toyama University Activity Guidelines”.
|Efforts and ingenuity to promote working from home|
|Efforts and ingenuity to reduce the number of people who go to work (Excluding work from home related)|
- Aug. 17, 2021
- Message from the President（Response of the University of Toyama after May 17, 2021）[PDF, 108KB] (In Japanese)
- Jul. 30, 2021
- Thorough prevention of novel coronavirus infection (attention)[PDF, 348KB] (In Japanese)
- Jun. 5, 2020
- Message from the President -About Correspondence of University and Future- [PDF, 192KB] (In Japanese)
- May. 6, 2020
- Message from the President -About Correspondence of University and Future- [PDF, 84KB] (In Japanese)
- Feb. 16, 2020
- Thorough prevention of novel coronavirus infection (attention) (In Japanese)
- Jan. 24, 2020
- About alerting about new type coronavirus on January 24 (the second report) (In Japanese)
- Jan. 17, 2020
- About alerting about new coronavirus on January 17 (first report) (In Japanese)