- The Signing Ceremony for Academic Exchange between Institute of Natural Medicine, University of Toyama and Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Khon Kaen University
- Kyonggi University, Korea Visits University of Toyama
- Unitec Institute of Technology, New Zealand Visits University of Toyama
- Faculty of Humanities/Graduate School of Humanities, University of Toyama Signs Agreement for Academic Exchange with University of Languages and International Studies, Vietnam National University, Hanoi
- University of Toyama Signs Agreement for Academic Exchange with Technical University of Kosice
Thank you for your interest in the University of Toyama.
The University of Toyama is located in Toyama City and Takaoka City in Toyama Prefecture, which is located on the West coast, in the center of Japan. Toyama Prefecture is a local district with changes of the seasons where the Tateyama mountain range is in the south and Toyama Bay, on the Sea of Japan, to the north.
The University of Toyama is a university comprised of 3 former national universities; Toyama University (founded in 1949), Toyama Medical and Pharmaceutical University (founded in 1975) and Takaoka National College (founded in 1983) were integrate in October 2005. This integrated university houses 8 faculties, 6 graduate schools, the University Laboratory, Hospital, and Library, and 12 institutes such as the Center for International Education and Research. There are approximately 9,300 students (including 320 international students) studying at the university.